Friday 28 October 2016

Easy Peasy Shortbread Biscuits

I was always terrible at making biscuits, and after failing several times when I was younger I didn't try for many years. Until my cousin gave me this recipe for these impossible to mess up shortbread biscuits that her Nain (Grandmother in Welsh) gave her. These are only 3 ingredients, so what could go wrong? :) 
I gave them a try and they really were good and gave me the confidence to try other more complicated recipes.
They are perfect for beginners or for baking with the kids. 

Easy Shortbread Biscuits.

Ingredients

190g Plain Flour
125g of Butter (I use salted but you can use unsalted if you prefer)
55g of Caster Sugar (plus extra for dusting)

Instructions

1, Before you start pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gasmark 4.
Cream together the butter and sugar, sift in the flour and mix well, until you have a smooth dough.
2, Transfer to a floured surface and roll out to approximately 1cm thick and cut. I used a round 58mm/2 1/4ins cutter but you can use any size or shape you'd like. Keep rolling and cutting until you've used up all your dough.

3, Place on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and pop in the oven for 15 minutes. Check regularly taking care not to let them turn a golden colour. 

4, When they're baked sprinkle with a little caster sugar and enjoy warm or cold with a nice cup of tea. 













No comments:

Post a Comment